How Do Attorneys Use Google Plus? Fill in The Blank
Chris Dreyer | January 22, 2014
Those that use Google Plus for business know that engagement is important. Just like everything else there is more than one way to get there. We thought it would be cool to make some fill-in-the-blank questions about G+ and have successful attorneys and law firm marketers add their own answers. We wrote three sentences with no ending which were I use Google + mainly for… I get followers on Google + the fastest by… and I get the most interaction on posts where… Check out the unique responses.
+Michael Denmead owner of Social Media for Solicitors
1. I use Google+ to great advantage for SEO & brand visibility and it works a treat because when my firm connects with any of its clients, potential clients and business partners via their Google+ pages, our services show up where appropriate numerous times on the first page of their Google search results, alongside our firm’s logo. That’s worth repeating. By being connected with a client / potential client on Google+, our firm’s services appear multiple times on page 1 of our client’s / potential client’s Google relevant search results, alongside our logo. Result! The genius of Google / Google+ integration.
2. We get followers on Google+ the fastest by … hold the horses. We take it slow and build up organically through engagement. We value quality (i.e. relevant) connections, though friendly and willing to engage with parties outside our core market.
3. I get the most interaction on a post where (a) the post is about the general community or (b) the content is original.
+Brian Zeiger co-owner of The Zeiger Firm
1. I use Google Plus mainly for SEO and it works great because many people have the same goals and the more people that participate in social media, the better it gets.
2. I get followers on Google Plus the fastest by engaging.
3. I get the most interaction on posts where the posts are unique and interesting.
+Michael Grennier owner of Grennier Law, PC
1. I use Google Plus mainly for creating an awareness of our business and our presence in the Google world. It works great because we have developed a following of more than 1700 people in quite a short time and who now follow our business and personal posts. This serves to create the start of a relationship with those folks which hopefully continues in the long term.
2. I get followers on Google Plus the fastest by creating postings that are of interest to the followers, are unique, or are informative to issues that they are dealing with in their lives. This in turn causes them to share the posts thereby creating more and more followers.
3. I get the most interaction on posts where there is a photo or an image attached.
+Charles Lamberton owner of the Lamberton Law Firm
1. I use Google Plus mainly for promoting my law practice and it works great because it brings people together who have a similar interest.
2. I get followers on Google Plus the fastest by interacting with others who use Google Plus and making sure I post news and updates to Google Plus.
3. I get the most interaction on posts where I take to think about content that would interest my audience and spend time interacting with other peoples’ posts.
+Gabriel Levin co-owner of The Levin Firm
1. I use Google Plus mainly for business and it works great because I get to share my content with thousands of people.
2. I get followers on Google Plus the fastest by publishing great content.
3. I get the most interaction on posts where the topic is current and the content is informative.
+Michael Ehline owner of Ehline Law Firm PC
1. I use Google Plus mainly for everything both personal and business, and it works great because I am able to connect with friends, who are also people I do business with in most cases, to get my news, to provide editorials and info for others, and to stay on top of pretty much everything in tandem with Google’s organic search. Ease of use and excellent products make this platform a giant killer. I rarely log in to “Childbook”
2. I get followers on Google Plus the fastest by posting funny things and pictures of things my followers like.
3. I get the most interaction on posts that have to do with something important to the people in my circles.
+Anthony Castelli owner of Anthony Castelli Accident and Injury Law
1. sharing content …because I have engaged others who notice when I post
2. joining relevant circles
3. where I post original content such as my own blog post
+Jason Dunkle owner of JD Law
1. I use Google Plus mainly for interaction with other professionals and it works great because the posts and discussions are more interesting to me on an intellectual level in comparison to Facebook. Google+ articles tend to be more intellectually interesting because they generally discuss topics that are of interest to me and are above Facebook’s primary posting of personal information.
2. I get followers on Google Plus the fastest by sharing and commenting on articles from other attorneys and thereby generating more exposure to their followers.
3. I get the most interaction on posts where it is original articles written by attorneys and other professionals compared to newspaper articles and stories.
+Tina Willis owner of Tina Willis Law
1. I use G+ mainly for generating visitors and activity on my blog and it works great because there are so many highly engaging attorneys participating and willing to share on G+.
2. I get followers on G+ the fastest by sharing and commenting on other posts, particularly with highly engaging people (which is a bonus because those people happen to be the most fun as well). Rather than a high number of followers, I prefer to seek and find followers who actually comment and share (with blog comments being an even more special bonus), rather than just plus one, but who doesn’t?
3. I get the most interaction on posts where I ask a question and present a topic that would interest most lawyers and/or is controversial or shocking / surprising in some way. Post asking tech questions and/or ranting about tech also seem to be fairly well received.
+Jeff Lapin owner of Lapin Law Offices
1. I use Google Plus mainly for engagement/ interaction and it works great because Google Plus is the best platform to share, engage and interact because it combines the best of the other major social media platforms: news stream with filters (Facebook); ability to have a larger images (Pinterest); Communities (LinkedIn Groups); ease of re-sharing (Twitter).
2. I get followers on Google Plus the fastest by being included in shared public circles. However, it takes a lot of sharing, engagement and interaction with significant Google Plussers to get included in their Circles.
3. I get the most interaction on posts where: they mention other G+ users; the post contains new information that has not yet been widely shared; causes an emotional reaction for law-related posts; or is explained in a way that non-marketers (SEO, social media, etc.) can readily understand.
1. I use Google + as a platform for sharing my content with other attorneys and those in or associated with the legal profession. Google + is a far superior social network in contrast Facebook which has gone out of their way to not reward those who do not support the “pay to play scheme.”
2. I obtain followers by sharing content from my blog and curating content from multiple sources.
3. Sharing quality content and interacting with others attracts interactions with others..